Monday, September 17, 2007

My Genes


From a genetic standpoint, I certainly do not appear to fit into this family. There were obviously some recessive blonde genes at work. I think that I was about three years old in this picture. It is clear that I am a happy and rather precocious little girl. My physical, emotional, and social needs were more than being met. In reviewing my baby book, I met all developmental milestones within the appropriate time frame. I walked at 9 1/2 months and was using 3-4 word sentences at 16 months. My mother's comments indicate that I was a quiet and happy baby who slept well. That would indicate that I had an easy temperament. However, by the time that I was two, my mother describes me as "high tempered" and says I would squeal to get my brother in trouble. This is an indication of a secure attachment and social learning. I knew that my mother would meet my needs and had learned to squeal to make it happen. This is a quote from my baby book, "You are still a little shy and do not take to strangers until you want to. We have had many laughs at your dancing and singing. You can do 'the twist' real good." I was very secure within my own family, but a little tentative with strangers. This is a normal developmental stage for two year olds.

1 comment:

Becky V said...

I can see where your nickname came from -- you looked like a little doll!